Sunday, October 7, 2012

Product Review: Organic Mountain Woman Skin Balm

Remember the lip balms I showed you from organic mountain woman? Well, I'm here to show you another of their products which has quickly become a favorite of mine. The Happy Face Skin Balm is a balm that "helps relieve the symptoms of acne, eczema, minor cuts, psoriasis, burns, bug bites, and other skin upleasantries" 



Happy Face comes in a glue stick like container. It has a light greenish color, but goes on clear and matte. The scent is a little strong in the tube, but fades quickly once applied. The scent is mix of tea tree and lavender. I'm not usually a fan of the smell of tea tree, but I do like this balm. 

Now, I don't have eczema or psoriasis, and thankfully haven't had the chance to test the balm on any burns (but I'm sure I will, I can be clumsy in the kitchen). I have, however, had multiple opportunities to give it a go on acne, cuts, bug bites, and an awful rash from allergic reactions (I bet you wanted to know that, right?). It worked absolutely fantastic on all of them. Not only did it sooth the unpleasantries, I do believe it helped heal them faster than they would have on their own. As far as minor cuts go, I may actually like this more than my brave solider (a neosporin type product). It doesn't leave cuts as moist as a liquid product would, which for me helps it heal faster.



Happy Face would be great to bring a long on a camping trip, or any other adventures. Its insignificant addition size and weight wise, but could make all the difference should you need it. I have to admit I forgot to bring lotion on a trip recently. I used this on my entire face before bed and kinda loved it. While I wouldn't use this in place of a daily moisturizer, it worked in a pinch. You only need a little of the product, and one tube would last quite awhile. 

The Short Story: 
- I love the packaging, and formula. It's easy to use and easy to apply.
- It delivers on it's promises. 
- I can see some not liking the scent, but it's subtle and fades quickly.
- You can get your own here for $7.99 

And just because you guys are awesome and deserve it, Shannie is offering 20% off your order when you use the code Backpacks20 at checkout. 


What's your go to remedy for skin unpleasantries?



1 comment: