Monday, September 24, 2012

Motivation Monday: What's your Message?

Good Morning, Monday. 
Last Weekend, My boyfriend and I spend some time camping in northern Michigan. Michigan's Upper Peninsula is a beautiful place, should you ever get the chance to visit. The world moves slower here, and you get the chance to take a deep breath and enjoy the serenity.

While we were exploring the town, we caught the finish of a twenty mile canoe race. The winners finished in two hours, which was absolutely amazing to watch. Even more so, the fourth or fifth boat to finish was captained by two older adults. These gentleman finished the race in just over two hours and in the middle of  a group of young men and woman. The older of the two, probably in his late sixties, seemed to be the happiest contestant in the race. His joy was passed on to the other participants as they congratulated each other. While many of the racers were commenting on their disappointment in times, the pain or fatigue they were experiencing, or other negativities, this man just seemed happy to be here. 

While I hope I can remain as acting as this man when I grow older, what I took from the experience was his positivity and happiness. 


Seeing this man's simple enjoyment of the day was inspiring. Sometimes I forget that my life, as everyones, is my message to the world. What am I saying to those I meet, or even those I don't? 


What would you like your life to say? Does it?

Also, Stop by tomorrow to check out an interview and giveaway with Heidi of Etsy's
 Tree Tango Photography.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful message! I'm so happy you passed it along. It's so true, the way you act and behave affects everyone around you. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely approach to life - so true! I love that feeling when you're out in the wild and time seems to slow right down - its really refreshing.

    ReplyDelete