Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Hostess Gift

Good morning gorgeous! 
With the holiday's coming up faster than I would like at the moment (very underprepared), I thought it would be the perfect time for an update on my holiday madness. 

If you haven't been following my little situation, you can see that here. The short story: I'm spending the holidays (thanksgiving, christmas, and new years!) with my boyfriend of three years, for the first time. The stories are about getting ready, how to's, what to do's, and likewise. 

Near the end of last week, I managed to pull some "hints" out of my reluctant boyfriend. Thanksgiving will be celebrated at his aunt and uncles home in northern Michigan. If you've ever traveled here, you know it has a very distinct flare. Very rustic, outdoors-y, and home-y. This gave me the perfect springboard for my hostess gift. 
I wanted something simple, relatively inexpensive (college student budget), but something cute and useful. 

That's when I found this handmade candleholder at Eastern Market in Detroit. It is made from natural materials and smells lovely. Not to mention, it fits perfectly with the northern Michigan decor. 

The item was bought from the young woman who made it. There were three sizes for sale, ($10, $8, $6) I chose the medium, which is pictured. 

What is your "go-to" hostess gift for the holidays?

stay tuned for my "what to wear" post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment