Saturday, August 25, 2012

Full Disclosure

Currently, I'm working on a few product reviews for you, and would like to preface that with a note on disclosure. 

I'm on a budget: I'm a college student, and on a budget that reflects this. Occasionally, I am sent a product for review. These are almost always sample sizes. If I am sent a product, it will be clearly noted in the post, and does not influence my opinion in any way.

I'm selective: Not every product I purchase or receive will be featured in a review. I try to share only positive experiences. There are exceptions to this rule, but generally I will review products I liked.

It takes time: Once I purchase or receive a product, I like to use it for quite a bit of time before sharing my thoughts. For cosmetics this may mean a week. Hair products are often a little longer at two weeks or more. As for backpacks, equipment, and such, it may take a months to come to a conclusion. I want my reviews to be as fair as possible, and if I haven't given a product enough time before sharing, the post will clearly state "first impressions".

About me: The opinions in my reviews are my own. That being said, everyone is different and results may vary. Using the products I review, as with any other  review, will not make you look, smell, act, or seem like me (thank god!) I will, however, try to include any information you may need to make an decision about whether or not this product may work for you.

Specifics:
As most results are specific to the individual using the product, I'd like you to meet me:
Skin type: Seasonal (combination with occasional break outs in the summer, dry in the winter)
Hair type: Wavy/Curly, Dry, Frizzy
Activity level: Active
Diet: As clean as possible

*I am not an expert in, well... anything. The opinions here are my own and are not meant to be taken in place of professional advice when necessary.





5 comments:

  1. Alright! Well I"m looking forward to these reviews!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always had a love/hate relationship with reviews in my Youtube days. Some people really push for fake positives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, many reviews sound like advertisements! Most of my reviews are positive, because I am so picky with the products I spend my money on and therefore what I choose to review. I would never recommend something I don't use myself. The trust of my readers is very important to me, and I wouldn't want to jeopardize that. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Hello Kate your blog is fantastic.
    I would love for you to visit my blog and
    if you like it you can follow me.
    As I do with your big hug, Priscila.
    http://www.blogpersonalstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete