Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Best Face Forward

I've always had pretty good skin. I'd like to thank genetics for that, but I'd also like to send a thank you out to my [unhealthy] obsession with trying new products. After a minute of searching, I've found a routine that's simple, effective, and stable.... for now


So here are the products I have deemed my skincare essentials:
- I use carbolic acid bar soap (Not pictured- $2 at a local health food store). This soap is for acne prone or oily skin, which it works fantastically for- a simple, not too drying product. Now that the weather is getting colder, and the summer heat and sunscreen applications are not wreaking havoc on my skin, I believe I will be switching to a gentler cleanser
- I follow this (in the morning) with Olay Complete for sensitive skin ($9). It is just heavy enough without leaving my skin feeling greasy. The product absorbs quickly, but can leave some shine if you apply more than a dime size amount. 
-In the evenings I follow my cleanser with Origins: A Perfect World Serum. This is my absolute favorite skin care product. It instantly smooths the texture of my skin, has a great sent, and a little goes a long way. *Disclaimer- many have not had the same results, and many who review this product have mentioned it caused them to breakout. 
-In an effort to remove some of the somewhat excessive amount of chemicals I expose myself to, I have began switching some products to more natural versions, such as the Lafe's deodorant in tea tree ($6). The sent is not nearly as prominent as some I have used in the past (mainly dove), but is pleasant none the less. Works just as a deodorant should without the harmful side effects of unwanted chemicals. 
- As I always seem to have puffy eyes, I keep a jar of clinique moisture surge nearby. I know this was not meant to be an eye cream, but I've found it works fantastic. I also apply it to any dry spots. Most definitely is a moisture surge! 
-Last but not least, As I am still getting over my cold, I have my trusty tin of burt's bees res-q ointment to apply around my sore nose in an effort to not look so ill. This is a great all purpose product. Apply it to any burn, scrape, sore, ect. and it not only eases the pain but aids in healing. Thick enough that it stays in place, but makeup covers easily. 

Well there you have it, This are my daily skin care essentials. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment